Wednesday, May 10, 2017

101 things in 1001 days #96 Read Elder Bednar's Learning Series

Hey friends!

This was such a wonderful experience.  Elder Bednar was the president of BYU-I when I was there and I have such a great love and respect for him.  I was friends with his wife too while I was there and it was delightful to see and hear from her in the videos that accompanied these books.  These books are truly inspired.  They build on each other and connect together in a way that is beautiful to experience.  In the first two, there are designated DVD segments throughout the book where you stop reading and listen to Elder Bednar talking.  In the last book, the DVD comes with an interview and several discussions with different groups of LDS individuals (i.e. there is one with women, couples, etc.) I loved each of the DVD's.  Elder Bednar is profound and is such a great teacher and is also gentle and inviting.  The pages of the book have large margins specifically designed for note-taking.  After each chapter, there is a work book type section where you answer some questions and "act" as Elder Bednar counsels throughout the entire series.  I am so blessed to have been able to read these books and experience the change of heart I felt from the Holy Ghost as I read, listened, and acted.

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment