Sunday, July 16, 2017

My 39th Year

Hey friends!

I've had fun making plans for what I want to accomplish this year! Thank you for all the support for my goals and plans this last year!

My 39 before 40 cooking list 

I didn't do too well on my cooking/baking list this past year.  I am super excited for this year's list though! I plan to get started right away!

1) Back in the Day Bakery chocolate mint cookies
2) Lemon sugar crusted cake
3) Back porch lemonade
4) Million dollar pasta bake
5) Root beer float caramels
6) Magical hot cereal
7) Caramel corn hot chocolate
8) Sea salt caramel toasted coconut chips
9) Summer fruit pizza
10) Orange sugar ginger cookies
11) Snickerdoodle granola bars
12) Corn muffin coffee cake
13) Sister Layton's monkey bread
14) Mormon strawberry ice cream
15) Softest sugar cookies of your life
16) Cinnamon chip blondies with pecan streusal
17) Luscious strawberry punch
18) California dreamin cookies
19) Orange Italian cream drink
20) 7 up up and away cake
21) Pizza Hut creamy chicken alfredo
22) Fudgsicle granita
23) Noodles and Co copycat mac and cheese
24) Bear Lake raspberry shake
25) Strawberry julius
26) Orange dreamsicle popcorn
27) Bavarian mints
28) Sugar cookie hot vanilla
29) Orange flavored pie-dough cookies
30) Caramel cream vanilla pudding cups
31) Caramel apple pretzel salad
32) Fresh peach sorbet
33) The best darn lasagna on earth
34) Mexican vanilla gelato
35) Idaho potato waffles
36) Buttered raspberry jam
37) Caramel cinnamon rolls
38) Simply sinful cinnamon muffins
39) Buttery fudge popsicles

Stay tuned for pictures and recipes!

My Challenge for the Year 

I absolutely loved my temple challenge this past year.  What a wonderful blessing it was! This year I am accepting President Russell M. Nelson's challenge to read and underline each of the scriptures having to do with Jesus Christ listed in the Topical Guide.  If I finish before the year is up, I will read as many conference talks about the Savior as I can before my next birthday.  I am so excited this year to learn more about the Savior.  I will share what I've learned along the way!

A Year of Learning 

My 38th year was my "year of gratitude." After my last birthday, I made a list of 52 people who have made a difference in my life and I cut the list up and put the names in a jar.  Each week I would draw one name out and then send that person a thank you note to let them know how much I appreciate them.  I absolutely loved my year of gratitude and having a chance to express my thanks to so many people I love.  This year will be my "year of learning." I made a list of 12 subjects I want to learn more about and cut up that list for my little jar. At the start of each month, I will draw out one subject and spend the month studying it. I'll share what I learn on this blog as well.

It's going to be a GREAT year!


No comments:

Post a Comment