Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sunday Thoughts: One Magic Thing


            I know God answers prayers.  I know this because of the many, many times he has answered mine and for the stories I’ve heard of many, many, and others.  I had one prayer answered this week.  I was having a bad day on Friday and was struggling with a few things. I prayed that I could have just one fun surprise…one magical thing happen.  Things got better that night and I felt more comforted.  I thought that it would be fun to go to the farmer’s market the next morning and called up my sister to see if she wanted to go.  It would be nice to get some berries.  We got there and things sure were different.  No live music, no food vendors, no staying and mingling, and as it turns out, there weren’t even any berries that day.  Yeah, that was a bit of a dud.  But, just as we were leaving, we passed a family where a lady who looked awfully familiar was buckling a child into a stroller.  Her head was facing away from me so I wasn’t sure.  I peeked a look at her son who was standing next to her, and then I was absolutely sure.  “I think that’s Kim Machado right there!” I said out loud.  It is truly a wonderful thing in life to not only run into old friends you haven’t seen in years, but also to have them be as delighted to see you as you are to see them.  Kim was one of my favorite people in my ward in La Grande.  I had one of her daughters in my Sunbeam class and she was one of my sister Tiffany’s Young Women leaders.  She was always so full of life, love and energy. That same life, love and energy just poured out of her and enveloped me as we hugged each other. 
           
           Some may say that meeting was just a coincidence, a delightful one at that, but just a lucky coincidence. But, I believe that a loving Heavenly Father, orchestrated that delightful surprise in answer to a prayer for just one little magic thing to happen.  And…it was another witness of just how much Heavenly Father loves and how well he knows us, because this was just my kind of magic.  Later on the afternoon I received more magic when the chance to take a walk with one of my besties, which is always wonderful.  When I got back from that, Emily was out at the house with Alice and Arthur.  We had fun playing with them.  Our neighbors recently got some little goats, and one was bleating regularly.  All of a sudden and quite randomly, Alice started making a “Ma-aa-ah” sound like the goat over and over again.  She’s never done such a thing before and we were laughing sooo hard. It felt good to laugh like that!
            
            I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior so much.   I know they are in the details of our lives and delight to bless us.   As my friend Mike Rich once said, “God knows our favorite things and whenever possible, he loves to bless us with our favorite things.”



No comments:

Post a Comment